Ready for a fun challenge?! These “bucket list” challenges are all over Pinterest so we thought we would make one for the language class.
These little experiences help make class engaging and add a touch of culture. Below we have some ideas and downloads to add the holiday spirit in class and keep the learning going. At the end of this post, there are links to other posts that go through an activity to show some authres for different languages plus lesson ideas.
When you show this to students, let them know that all activities need to have a cultural connection to count.
Here’s what I love about this!
- * I can set many of these up as stations that they can work through for a few days. Which means * I’m free to do end-of-the-semester interpersonal assessments.
- * We can do some of the activities together which can be a good way to end on a high note.
- * Many can be done at home.
- * We can do this completely in the target language and it’s full of cultural connections.
- * It brings the excitement of the season to class in an educational way.
So maybe you want to challenge the other language teacher in your building or maybe it’s between your class periods. Whichever, it’s fun to do and check them off!
If you create it in another language and want to share it, email it to us! Or send us the translations and we’ll format and add it here!
And a little video to make you smile…
~ Kara & Megan
More posts for the challenge: